Whether you’re a seasoned parent, a new parent, or just someone who wants a backpack that “just makes sense,” the lululemon diaper bag, also known as a new parent backpack, is a 10/10 bag.
As a new mom who has tried a handful of diaper bags for both everyday kid use and travel, I can tell you that the Lululemon New Parent Backpack is at the top of my list. Not only is it extremely comfortable and stylish (comes in 3 colors!), but this diaper bag was impeccably designed for the busy parent who carries a lot of stuff, and I mean a lot of stuff.
I’ll get straight to the point. What makes this better than other diaper bags? In addition to including a changing pad, this bag includes a smaller crossbody bag inside, making trips to the bathroom super simple. Plus, the size is perfect and there are so many pockets inside and out that you have room for EVERYTHING.
Key Features of the Lululemon Diaper Bag
Both Emily and I have been using this bag since it came out in early 2023 and this bag for new parents review is based on our personal experience with it. When I tell you that we have used this bag every day since the day we bought it, I mean it!
Price: It’s priced at $198 (+ free shipping!) and is worth every penny.
- 2 bags in one: Not only do you get the diaper bag itself, but it also comes with a smaller crossbody bag that fits a diaper and wipes perfectly. BONUS: I’ve also used the smaller bag as a regular, everyday bag, which really gives you more value for your money.
- Includes changing mat: The fact that the new parents backpack includes a changing pad means I don’t have to buy an extra one!
- 2 exterior bottle pockets: I always carry extra water bottles and bottles with me and I love that this bag has 2 dedicated bottle spots that are big enough for a water bottle.
- Multiple interior pockets: I love that the interior of this bag has a large compartment with smaller mesh pockets. I use these pockets for snacks and different baby products like lotions, butt creams, and SPF.
- Stroller/luggage strap: This feature does not go unnoticed! We travel a lot and it came in handy at the airport when I had to carry my son’s car seat on my back. I just tied it right to our luggage and that’s it!
- Adjustable straps: Like the rest of Lululemon backpacks, the straps are adjustable, so it adapts to different body types.
Backpack for new parents
This is the perfect diaper bag for busy parents who carry a lot of “stuff.” It is the perfect size and has all the compartments you need.
Other amazing features
- Waterproof: Living in the Midwest, having a bag that is water repellent is essential. We got caught in the rain during a walk and the fabric did its job to protect everything inside.
- Comes in 3 colors: Right now you can find the New Parent Backpack in 3 colors. I have dark forest, Emily has black and it also comes in asphalt grey.
- Multipurpose: There is a large pocket on the inside that fits the changing pad I used for my laptop, making this bag extremely versatile and perfect for someone who doesn’t want to use it as a diaper bag.
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by lululemon. We were compensated and all opinions are our own. Thank you for supporting Fit Foodie Finds!