The 2023-24 edition of La Liga returns to the fold with another series of matches this weekend as Granada take on Xavi’s Barcelona in an important clash at the Estadi Olimpic Lluis Companys on Sunday.
Preview Barcelona vs Granada
Granada currently sit 19th in the La Liga standings and have struggled to cope with the rigors of the top flight this season. The visiting team drew 1-1 against Las Palmas last week and will need to go one step further in this match.
Barcelona, on the other hand, are currently in third place in the standings and have not been at their best over the last year. The Blaugrana easily beat Deportivo Alavés by a score of 3-1 in their previous match and will look to achieve a similar result this weekend.
Face to face between Barcelona and Granada and key numbers
- Barcelona have an impressive recent record against Granada and have won 13 of the last 19 games played between the two teams, compared to Granada’s three victories.
- After a run of eight wins in nine games against Granada in La Liga, Barcelona are winless in their last four such games in the competition.
- After winning each of their first 24 home games against Granada in La Liga, Barcelona have failed to win their last two such games in the competition.
- Barcelona has won five of its last six games in La Liga, as many victories as it had in the 11 games prior to this streak.
- Granada have conceded 26 of their 45 La Liga goals in the first half of games, the highest percentage of any team this season.
Barcelona vs Granada Prediction
Barcelona has managed to turn its season around domestically, but it has a lot of work to do to catch up with Real Madrid and Girona. Players like Robert Lewandowski and Ilkay Gundogan have stepped up in recent weeks and will need to make their mark this weekend.
Granada have tormented Barcelona in recent years, but on Sunday they will face a resurgent team. Barcelona is the best team at the moment and should be able to win this match.
Prediction: Barcelona 3-1 Granada
Betting Tips for Barcelona vs Granada
Tip 1: Result – Barcelona wins
Tip 2: Play to have more than 2.5 goals – Yes
Tip 3: Barcelona will score first – Yes
Tip 4: Robert Lewandowski to score – Yes